Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Heartbeats

I was so nervous for our first ultrasound. Worried that we would receive the same news as last time. But this time it was only good news!
Our little blueberry has a heartbeat and is actually growing! Ryan insists it's a boy. I honestly don't have any impressions either way, but the more he refers to the blueberry as a boy the more I become convinced it is too. Only time will tell!

Typically I would go in for another ultrasound at week 8 if I had conceived through fertility treatments. Dr. K said I could go ahead and do this if I want to. I'm tempted, but I want to treat this as a normal, healthy pregnancy, which means waiting until week 12 to get another ultrasound. I hope I can hold out and keep my anxiety and my "need to know" at bay.

Until then I can revel in the other confirmations of pregnancy that things are progressing normally: the morning/afternoon/evening sickness, the total exhaustion, the thirst. My boobies are getting slightly bigger, but they are not sensitive yet. I think I'd be okay with it if they don't ever get tender.



I'm not trying to plug for this T.V. I just LOVE this song and the beautiful cinematography of the bouncy balls.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I can't hold it in!! I would say go ahead and get the 8 week ultra sound. Why not. I LOVED getting all mine with Cairo because it just made me feel closer to him because I could watch him grow. And when else are you going to get this chance. I am sad for my next one because I don't know if I am going to get all that I did last time with Cairo. I think I might miss it. I had a heartbeat listener thing at my house. So I would sit in my room just listening to him. I wont have that again I don't think. Any way! I am excited and can't wait for you to start showing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nothing beats seeing that first healthy ultrasound! Glad lil' Blueberry is getting nice and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. again, congratulations! every time I hear that little heartbeat inside, my own heart skips a beat and a breath another sigh of relief. I think of you often and wish you the very best!! hang in there with the nausea, it's such a love/hate relationship. and the smells? awful! a gentle "excuse me" and a ziploc bag has saved my life (or at least my social reputation) in many a situation. Good luck and keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete